WHERE DO I START?
Discover Opportunities for service in your church – PBC!
Before reading further – Read Ephesians chapter 4 verse 1-16.
Serving God with Joy and Enthusiasm comes with being right where God want you to be, and that begins with being plugged into three essential connections:
Being connected with God in Worship!
- What opportunities are you taking personally and as a family for connecting with God in Worship?
- Do you experience God in worship during the week in your home through music, prayer, devotion, Bible reading?
- Do you experience God in worship during the week in your work place (or during your work times) by reflecting on God and God’s presence in the lives of people around you?
- Do you experience God in worship with a larger group (congregation, assembly) by participating in the worship service times at your church?
Connected with God and Others!
- What opportunities are you taking personally and as a family for connecting with God and Others?
- Do you participate in a Sunday School class at your church?
- Do your children participate in a Sunday school class?
- Do you look for ways to stay in connection with those in your small group or care group within your Sunday school group?
- Do you text / call/ or meet physically outside of the Sunday school time with your Sunday school group?
- Do you look for ways to encourage, support, and lead in your Sunday school class?
Connected with God and His purpose!
- What opportunities are you taking personally and as a family for connecting with God and His Purposes?
In your Church –
- Are you serving in the church according to your discovered personalities, spiritual gifts, talents and interests?
- Are you leading, teaching, or serving in a rotation in your church serving preschool or children’s sessions or activites?
- Participating in opportunities With-In the church are vital for the health, function, and safety of your church in worship and small group Sunday school opportunities.
- Participating in opportunities Outside the church are vital for the spiritual development of your community and
Many people use the verse Philippians 4:13 for everything from sports to dealing with difficult life circumstances; however, the power of God is provided to you for making a difference in your Christian life and service for God’s Kingdom advancement.
Read Philippians 4:13 as a family.
Service Opportunities for you and your family at PBC:
- Preschool*: SS, VBS, Cradle Roll, Wed nights)
- Children*: SS, VBS, Camps, Retreat, Wed nights, New Christians, children’s music, and special events)
- Youth*: SS, Servant Ministries, DNow, Camps, Events, and Wed nights)
- College: SS, special events, college student care)
- Young Adults: Sunday school, Retreats, Singles events & Young Married events
- Married Adults: Sunday school, Marriage Enrichments
- Men’s Ministry
- Women’s Ministry
- Senior Adult Ministries
- Golf Cart Drivers
- Evangelism – see the Outreach Ministry Board at each location or contact the church office
- Music Ministries at Deville contact the church office 442-0754
- Music Ministries at HD contact the church office 443-3692
- Media (audio/video) Volunteers –
- Maintenance / Repair Ministries –
*Leaders/Teachers/Chaperones for ministry activities and events for Preschool/Children/Youth ministries require completion of the PBC Safe Church Process. Click below for forms to complete. Contact the church office for opportunities to attend a SafeChurch orientation.
Service Opportunities for you and your family outside PBC
Contact the people below for information about these ministries:
- Faith Riders – Motorcycle ministry Jesse Littleton – 613-3578
- Gideon – Bible ministry – Ron Fuqua 253-4682
- Disaster Relief – Bubba Kirkland 451-3958
- PBC Missions Ministry events such as Love Out Loud, Community Outreach, and various mission activities – Daryl Wilson 623-1287
- Food Bank Ministries – Ann Gaspard – 473-4019
Do you have eternal life?
If not check out one of these links below: