I am asking you to join us for Prayer and a Proverb every day in May.
Proverbs were written by King Solomon of Israel to teach his people how to live and how to act in every circumstance because he wanted them to be understanding, just and fair in everything they did.
“From these proverbs, an ordinary person can learn to be smart, and young people can gain knowledge and good sense.” Proverbs 1:4 (CEV)
“I want those already wise to become the wiser and become leaders by exploring the depths of meaning in these nuggets of truth." Proverbs 1:5-6 (TEV)
Here is the plan.
1. Read one chapter each day in Proverbs. Match the day of the month to the 31 chapters. (Example: Day 1, read chapter one; Day 2, read chapter two, etc.)
2. Pray every day for these 5 things:
1. The end of the pandemic.
2. Our local and national leaders.
3. Protection for your home and your church.
4. A renewal of God’s Spirit within us.
5. That my unchristian family members and friends will follow Jesus.
That is our plan and it begins Friday, May 1st . I am praying that you will make the commitment to join us in this life changing project. I believe “ Pray in May Every Day” will be pleasing to God and we will see our prayers answered and our lives changed.
Let us claim the promise from Jesus Himself in Matthew 7:7-8. “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”