Updated: 3-23-2020 4:00PM
In keeping with the Governor’s “general stay-at-home” order, effective today at 5:00 p.m., we are closing our church offices at both locations until further notice. All of our ministerial staff and directors as well as our administrative assistants will be working from home during regular office hours (and/or Sundays). Here are a few things to note as a result:
- Members will not be able to drop off their tithes to the church locations during this time. However, there are still multiple ways to give your tithes and support the ministry of your church.
- Online Giving – www.pbcministry.com/give
- Give by Text - Text PBCMINISTRY to 73256 to give using your text messaging. Standard text message rates do apply.
- Weekly Tithes & Offerings May Be Mailed To: P.O. Box 4540, Pineville, LA 71361 (designate as Deville or Horseshoe Drive location)
- Members will still be able to call the offices at both locations and leave a message. Messages will be checked hourly during regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) by a staff member.
- All of the staff will be accessible during office hours via email and cell phone. (Staff contact info is available at the end of this email.)
“LOVING GOD” – We will continue to provide a “Live” online worship service this Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. via Facebook Live and via our website www.pbcministry.com/live. (Unfortunately, our worship team will be scaled down so that we are in keeping with the Governor’s directive.) On Sunday, we had over 700 views on our website and nearly 300 participating on Facebook Live!
“LOVING EACH OTHER” – Our ministry teams continue to provide numerous opportunities for digital connection for preschool, children, youth and adults. If you have any questions about these opportunities, contact the specific ministry staff leader. Also, we continue to contact our senior adults to assess needs related to grocery deliveries and technology assistance so they can participate in our online services.
- Volunteers Needed! If you are willing to volunteer to help with grocery deliveries, grass cutting for the elderly, packing food boxes at the church for Food Bank, or phone support for media needs please email Bro. Andrew Orr at .
- We continue to ask our Sunday School teachers and Care Group leaders to regularly connect with your class members.
“SHOWING OTHERS GOD’S LOVE” – We sent to you in the mail a list of ways and ideas that we can minister to our neighbors during this difficult time. We will also post this list on our Facebook page. Be creative! For example, a number of PBC members are volunteering at the local schools to help serve the school meals. Our schools are able to accept volunteer help. (If you’re interested in volunteering, simply contact the school of your choice.)
We will continue to provide updates; and know that your PBC staff are praying for you, and we covet your prayers for us! We are pressing on in Jesus name!
Love from your pastor,
Updated: 3-16-2020 5:50PM
Dear PBC Family,
We find ourselves in very unusual times. The steps being taken to halt or at least slow the rate of COVID-19 exposure are unprecedented. In our desire to love and care for each other and to be good citizens of our state and nation, a decision was made this afternoon in our staff meeting that as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020 all PBC Wednesday and Sunday night ministries and activities are cancelled until further notice.
Today (March 16th), Governor Edwards revised his proclamation prohibiting any public gatherings larger than 50 people in a single setting through April 13th. In keeping with this effort to protect our community from the spread of the virus, there will be no in-person services (worship or Sunday School) at either of the PBC campuses. We are blessed at PBC as we currently broadcast our Sunday Worship Services at 9:00 and 10:30 over the internet allowing you to join us from your homes. We will utilize this technology during this period of time and reassess as conditions in our state and community change. We encourage you to take advantage of this technology and worship opportunity until the time comes where we can once again gather as the Family of God.
The PBC offices will remain open and staff will be here during normal office hours. We are utilizing this time to plan and prepare for life after this pandemic. Rest assured, this will pass, and we will be ready for what God has in store for us on the other side of this event. While we will be isolated from each other physically, let’s stay connected to each other via social media, telephone calls, text messages, etc. In addition, please let us know of needs that you have or that you become aware of. This is an amazing opportunity for the church to be the church outside of our four walls.
Our goal in all of this is to glorify God as biblically and wisely as possible, while protecting you, our members and guests, from exposure to this virus. We are still the church and now more than ever we need to reflect the Light of God to a world that seems dark.
Please, join us beginning this Sunday morning online at pbcministry.com. Encourage your friends and family to worship with us. As things change, we will keep you updated through our Facebook page, website, email and as always, you can call the church office.